Brodie is a Senior Legal Counsel with a wealth of experience in commercial contracting and intellectual property, with a particular focus on the technology sector.
Brodie has extensive experience advising on commercial contracts across all industries, from large Government departments and ASX-listed companies to artists and start-ups.
Brodie is passionate about offering commercial legal solutions while balancing risk to get deals done effectively and efficiently for her clients.
“Gone are the days where a lawyer’s role is solely limited to advising on risk and identifying barriers to progress deals. I pride myself on my ability to add value and craft creative solutions for my client that meet their needs from a commercial and strategic perspective. I am passionate about helping my clients and aim to do so in a way that is relatable and empowering. I want my clients to move forward in business more informed after dealing with me.”
Industry and career experience
Brodie has experience advising on a wide range of commercial and corporate matters including:
- Intellectual property asset and brand protection, including trademark and patent advice
- Contracts and commercial models
- Consumer Law
- Complex technology and IT matters
- Marketing and advertising advice
Brodie has worked with a variety of public and private clients across most sectors, particularly:
- Technology, from start-ups to major ICT providers
- Government, including the Department of Defence, Ambulance Victoria and Department of Health
- Creative and media businesses, from artists to ASX-listed agencies
Prior to joining Source, Brodie worked at global and top-tier law firms for Government and private sector clients, in-house for AXS-listed companies and government, and as a consultant for boutique firms specialising in intellectual property and technology matters.
- Bachelor of Laws – Monash University
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science – Monash University
- Masters of Law (Intellectual Property)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – College of Law
- Victorian Practising Certificate
- Registered Trade Marks Attorney – IPSANZ
- Performance and Innovation Award Finalist 2022 – Ambulance Victoria
Get to know Brodie
When she’s not working, Brodie dedicates her time to her young daughter Callia. She loves to keep fit and enjoys gym sessions, yoga, running and surfing, and she is pretty handy in the kitchen too.
You may also find Brodie behind the decks on the odd occasion she comes out of retirement from her former life as a nightclub and festival DJ. Brodie loves to live life to the fullest and enjoys taking on personal challenges and adventuring overseas.